The LSU Healthcare Network is a non-profit, academic, multi-specialty, healthcare delivery system dedicated to patient care, research and education. You can be a part of a progressive healthcare team making a meaningful difference in the care of patients. We have positions in a variety of fields – professional, technical and, of course, medical, at our various locations in and around New Orleans. If you're looking for a great nursing opportunity, the LSU Healthcare Network is your answer.
By joining the nursing team at LSU, you are working for a system that provides expert clinical practice, research and education while delivering excellent patient care and service. While our nursing staff is key, all Healthcare Network employees across all disciplines work together to ensure the highest quality patient care.
The benefits, growth opportunities and learning environments are just some of the reasons to join the LSU Healthcare Network team today!
- Medical Coverage & Dental Health Plan
- Term Life Insurance
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment
- Business Travel Accident
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Dependent Life
- Long Term Care
- Tax-Free Spending Accounts
- General Purpose Time
- Paid Holidays
- 401(k) Plans
- Professional Development
- Tuition Assistance
- Health & Wellness Services
- Other Work-Life Benefits and Activities
Why Work for the LSU Healthcare Network?
- Among the leading largest employers in the region with over 300 physicians
- Represents more than 30 medical specialties and numerous subspecialties
- Nationally recognized, technology driven Electronic Health Records
QUALIFICATIONSTo perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The Ortho Physician Assistant serves as a Physician Extender
- Receives oversight and supervision from a consulting Orthopedist; performs diversified duties in being responsible for the medical and surgical care of patients assigned under direction of individual attending Physicians
- Provides diagnostic and therapeutic health care coverage for patients which will include but not be limited to taking medical histories, performing physical examinations, coordinating lab tests, ordering and interpreting MRI/diagnostic testing, diagnostic studies, prescribing medications, suturing and wound care.
- Develops pharmaceutical and non-pharmaceutical treatment plans.
- Documents within the Electronic Medical Record (EMR) and completes other necessary documents.
- Educates, counsels, and assists patients and families regarding current health problems, health maintenance activities and preventive behaviors.
- Other duties as assigned by attending Physicians and the Practice Manager.
- Graduation from an accredited ARNP or Physician Assistant program required
- Physician Assistant or ARNP licensure in the State of Louisiana
- Certifications required: BLS, ACLS, PALS, ATLS, NRP
- Knowledge of orthopedic disorders is preferred.
- Maintains and demonstrates competency and knowledge of equipment and procedures commonly performed in the Orthopeedic clinic, operating room, and other practice locations.
- Knowledge of HIPAA privacy rules and regulations.
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Word, Excel Spreadsheets, Windows, databases, graphs and the ability to write reports and correspondence by using proficient grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- Able to speak effectively before patients or employees of the organization.
- Ability to carry out detailed written or oral instructions.
- Ability to identify and resolve problems.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with facility personnel, patients, and the public.
- Ability to exercise initiative, judgment, and decision-making in meeting department and institutional objectives.
Orthopedic surgical experience preferred.